BCYF offers a range of group programs, designed to support families, these programs include:
Bumps to Bubs (pre-birth – 12 months)
Bumps to Bubs brings mothers and mothers-to-be (up to 23 years) with babies aged 0-1 year together to support the journey of parenting. The program aims to:
- Bring young parents and babies together for fun, learning and friendship in a relaxed setting.
- Enhance parent and child attachment
- Increase parents’ understanding of child development.
Bubs to Tots (12 months – 2 years)
Bubs to Tots brings mothers of children in the 1-2 year age group together for support and education. The program aims to:
- Provide education to enhance children’s early development.
- Promote parent and child attachment/relationships through the promotion of play.
- Assist parents with managing and enjoying the toddler years
Circle of Security (birth – 5 years)
Circle of Security is an 8 week supportive program for parents of children aged birth – 5 years. The program aims to:
- Help parents understand how to build feelings of security for children in their early years.
- Assist parents with skills to build on the positive relationship with their child.
- Develop confidence in parents to respond to their child in a way which builds a secure foundation for children.
Bringing Up Great Kids (12 months – 12 years)
Bringing Up Great Kids is a 6 week supportive program for parents of children aged 12 months – 12 years. The program aims to:
- Develop parents’ skills to enhance communication with their children.
- Promote positive interactions between parents and their children.
- Encourage the development of children’s positive self-identity.
Tuning In To Kids (3 years – 12 years)
Tuning In To Kids is a 6 week supportive program for parents of children aged 3-12 years. The program aims to:
- Help parents teach their children to understand and manage their emotions.
- Support parents in encouraging children to express emotions appropriately.
- Maximise children’s social, behavioural and learning outcomes.
Tuning In To Teens (10 years – 18 years)
Tuning In To Teens is a 6 week supportive program for parents of adolescents aged 10-18 years. The program aims to:
- Support parents to connect and communicate with their teen.
- Assist parents with understanding adolescent development.
- Help parents to assist their teen to develop emotional intelligence.
Strengthening Family Connections (8 years – 12 years)
Strengthening Family Connections is an 8 week program for parents and their children aged 8-12 years. The program aims to:
- Build a positive culture and improve communication among family members.
- Help develop successful, confident children and parents.
- Build skills in all family members to improve family functioning.
For more information, contact BCYF on 5226 8900.