Parenting Education Programs Term 2 2023
BCYF Parenting education programs aim to support the role of parenting by providing information of child development, skills and tools to enhance communication and connection and knowledge on how to support children to thrive.
Baby College (pre-birth – 6 months)
Baby College brings women who are pregnant in their third trimester or have a child less than 6 months old, together to support the journey of parenting. Baby College is open to women over 25 years and first-time pregnancy is not a requirement. The program aims to:
- Enhance parent and child attachment.
- Increase understanding of child development.
Bumps To Bubs (pre-birth – 12 months)
Bumps to Bubs brings mothers and mothers-to-be (up to 23 years) with babies aged 0-1 year together to support the journey of parenting. The program aims to:
- Bring young parents and babies together for fun, learning and friendship in a relaxed setting.
- Enhance parent and child attachment
- Increase parents’ understanding of child development.
Bubs To Tots (12 months – 2 years)
Bubs to Tots brings mothers (up to 24 years) of children in the 1-2 year age group together for support and education. The program aims to:
- Provide education to enhance children’s early development.
- Promote parent and child attachment/relationships through the promotion of play.
- Assist parents with managing and enjoying the toddler years
Circle of Security (birth – 5 years)
Circle of Security is an 6 week supportive program for parents of children aged birth – 5 years. The program aims to:
- Help parents understand how to build feelings of security for children in their early years.
- Assist parents with skills to build on the positive relationship with their child.
- Develop confidence in parents to respond to their child in a way which builds a secure foundation for children.
Bringing Up Great Kids (12 months – 12 years)
Bringing Up Great Kids is a 6 week supportive program for parents of children aged 12 months – 12 years. The program aims to:
- Develop parents’ skills to enhance communication with their children.
- Promote positive interactions between parents and their children.
- Encourage the development of children’s positive self-identity.
Tuning In To Kids (3 years – 12 years)
Tuning In To Kids is a 6 week supportive program for parents of children aged 3-12 years. The program aims to:
- Help parents teach their children to understand and manage their emotions.
- Support parents in encouraging children to express emotions appropriately.
- Maximise children’s social, behavioural and learning outcomes.
Dads Tuning In To Kids (3 years – 12 years)
Dads Tuning In To Kids is a 6 week supportive program specifically for Dads of children aged 3-12 years. The program aims to:
- Help dads effectively tune in to their child’s emotions.
- Encourage dads to strengthen their emotional connection with their child.
- Support dads to build skills in emotion coaching to assist their child’s individual needs.
Strengthening Family Connections (8 years – 12 years)
Strengthening Family Connections is a FREE 8 week program for parents and their children aged 8-12 years. The program aims to build a positive family culture and strengthen family connections. The program is held via zoom to offer the following:
- 5 (one to one) parent sessions with a facilitator.
- Learn strategies to manage difficult behaviour.
- Develop confidence to set limits and boundaries.
- 3 family sessions with parents and children.
- Learn some activities to strengthen family connection.
- Learn together about managing the family budget.
Bringing Up Great Kids – Parenting Adolescents (10 years – 18 years)
Bringing Up Great Kids – Parenting Adolescents is a 6 week supportive program for parents of children aged 10 years to 18 years. The program aims to:
- Support parents to build a positive relationship with their adolescent.
- Assist parents understanding of what is going on in the adolescent brain.
- Explore the changing role from “custodian” to “consultant”.
Tuning In To Teens (10 years – 18 years)
Tuning In To Teens is a 6 week supportive program for parents of adolescents aged 10-18 years. The program aims to:
- Support parents to connect and communicate with their teen.
- Assist parents with understanding adolescent development.
- Help parents to assist their teen to develop emotional intelligence.
For more information, contact BCYF on 5226 8900.
Register your interest
Fill out your details below and a member of our team will be in contact with you shortly.