If you are a refugee or asylum seeker who has experienced torture and other traumatic events in your country of origin, or while fleeing your country, you can access torture and trauma counselling at BCYF.
You can ask for emotional support if you are newly arrived or have been in Australia for many years by calling BCYF on 03 5226 8900. Referrals can also be made by any one else that may be supporting you.
You may have noticed:
- Sleep problems
- Thoughts and memories that come into your mind which worry you
- Feeling sad, angry, nervous or desperate
- Not wanting to be around people
- Poor appetite and lack of energy
- Trouble concentrating, learning and remembering
- Unexplained physical pain and aches
- Family problems that relate to your experiences
Our services are:
- Free – including access to interpreters
- Confidential – we keep information private, as do interpreters we use
- Voluntary – you are free to stop being a client at any time for any reason
- Supportive – we support your rights
If language is a barrier for you, we will support you with the addition of an appropriate interpreter.
For more information contact BCYF on 03 5226 8900.