We Value Your Feedback

Barwon Child, Youth & Family values your feedback. We use your feedback to improve our services to clients and the community, and to investigate and respond to any issues or concerns.

Clients of BCYF or members of the community are encouraged to provide feedback or make a complaint if a service provided by BCYF does not meet your expectations.

Feedback can be a compliment, suggestion for improvement or a complaint.

Any information you provide will not affect our commitment to providing a quality service to you and/or your family.

All feedback will be taken seriously and followed up appropriately.

Download a copy of our Client Information brochure.

There are many ways that you can provide us with feedback. This includes:

  • Passing on any feedback to your BCYF worker or their supervisor/manager
  • Completing the attached feedback form

What should I do if I want to make a complaint?

If you have concerns about the way you have been treated by a BCYF staff member or want to make a complaint about a BCYF service we encourage you to:

  • Talk directly to the staff member involved or their supervisor/manager to try to sort it out. If this is not successful or you do not feel comfortable doing this
  • Complete the attached feedback/complaints form or
  • Contact our Complaints Officer on 52 268 900 or email Feedback@bcyf.org.au.

To enable us to respond to you, please include your name, contact number and/or email address.

What happens next?

All complaints will be handled in a sensitive, respectful and timely manner and we will do our best to resolve the concerns raised by you.

If you require an interpreter or additional support to help you to provide feedback/make a complaint to BCYF please let us know and we can assist you in accessing this.

Your feedback/ complaint is kept confidential and only staff directly involved in the complaint or its resolution are consulted in an attempt to resolve the concerns raised by you. If you would like further information regarding BCYF’s complaints process please click here.

If you are not satisfied with our response and want to take the matter further you have the right to ask for your complaint to be reviewed internally within BCYF or by contacting an Independent advocacy body. Click here for a list of Independent advocacy bodies that you can contact.