BCYF is the lead agency of a consortium approach to implement the headspace Geelong initiative. With the support of a multidisciplinary team, headspace Geelong helps young people aged 12-25 who are going through a tough time and provides assistance with: general and sexual health (GP and Nursing services), mental health and emotional wellbeing, alcohol and other drugs, education and employment, and other vocational support.
We are seeking highly motivated Mental Health trained Allied Health Professionals (Clinical Psychologist/Psychologist, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists) to work as Private Practitioners to establish a fulfilling and rewarding practice in partnership with headspace Geelong.
Our Private Practitioners are highly valued and undertake client assessments, recovery planning, therapeutic treatment and referrals.
What we offer
- Ongoing referrals (valid mental health treatment plans will be in place before being seen)
- Opportunity to work and gain support from a multidisciplinary team. Co-located with Barwon Health (Youth) and Eating Disorder Service teams (including psychiatrists, general practitioners, clinical psychologists, psychologists, social workers, mental health nursing, occupational therapists, sexual health services, and drug and alcohol addiction specialists).
- Peer support through regular clinical review meetings
- Administration support and consulting space (appointments and confirmations including room bookings are all taken care of by us)
- Flexible working hours
- Shared Care Model
To be eligible, you must have:
- Possession of a current Medicare provider number
- Current registration with AHPRA or other relevant governing body
- An Australian Business Number
- Satisfactory completion of a National Police Check, International Police Check (if applicable) and Working with Children check
- Previous experience working in an environment delivering tailored programs and services to young people, including CALD, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander community, mental health issues, family violence issues and individuals at risk.
For further information, contact Grant Gibson, headspace Operations Manager on 03 5222 6690 or via email email@example.com
If you are ready to join a fantastic multidisciplinary team and really make a difference to the lives of young people, please contact us now!
We have an increasing demand at our Corio, Geelong City and Drysdale sites.Apply online