BCYF is the lead agency of a consortium approach to implement the headspace Geelong initiative. With the support of a multidisciplinary team, headspace Geelong helps young people aged 12-25 who are going through a tough time and provides assistance with: general and sexual health (GP and Nursing services), mental health and emotional wellbeing, alcohol and other drugs, education and employment, and other vocational support.
We are seeking highly motivated Mental Health trained Allied Health Professionals (Clinical Psychologist/Psychologist, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists) to work as Private Practitioners to establish a fulfilling and rewarding practice in partnership with headspace Geelong.
Our Private Practitioners are highly valued and undertake client assessments, recovery planning, therapeutic treatment and referrals.
What we offer
- Ongoing referrals (valid mental health treatment plans will be in place before being seen)
- Opportunity to work and gain support from a multidisciplinary team.
- Co-located with Barwon Health Jigsaw (Youth) and Eating Disorder Service teams (including psychiatrists, general practitioners, clinical psychologists, psychologists, social workers, mental health nursing, occupational therapists, sexual health services, and drug and alcohol addiction specialists).
- Peer support through regular clinical review meetings
- Administration support and consulting space (appointments and confirmations including room bookings are all taken care of by us)
- Flexible working hours
- Shared Care Model
Successful applicants should:
- Medicare registered provider or be able to register
- Registration with AHPRA, or other relevant governing body
- Have or able to obtain an ABN
- Valid Working with Children Check and Police Check
- Experience working in the mental health sector and working with young people
- Willing to pay a small service fee when clients attend appointments
If you are ready to join a fantastic multidisciplinary team and really make a difference to the lives of Young People, please contact us now! We have increasing demand at our Corio, Geelong City and Drysdale sites.
BCYF is committed to providing a safe and friendly environment for children and young people.
BCYF is an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities or applicants with a lived experience of disability to apply. Reasonable adjustments will be made for people with disabilities where operationally viable.