HIPPY News – for 2023
HIPPY is evolving – From 2023 children who turn 3 by the end of April will be eligible to enrol. This is a year younger than previously.
HIPPY remains focused on early learning and relationships in the home delivered to parents and carers.
HIPPY will now align with the 3 and 4 year old Kindergarten curriculum – setting our children up for a strong and confident start to school.
More information will be posted here as it is made available from HIPPY Australia.
Please contact your local site HIPPY Leader with any queries.
The Home Interaction Program for Parents and Youngsters (HIPPY) is a free, two-year, home-based early childhood learning and parenting program that empowers parents and carers to be their child’s first teacher.
What is HIPPY?
- FREE and Fun!
- Two year early learning program – starts when children are in Age 4 Kinder
- You receive HIPPY activity packs, resources and books – delivered to you
- You receive invitations to group meetings, guest speakers and to meet others doing the program
Benefits of HIPPY
- Helps children make a successful transition to school through encouraging a love of learning
- Develops skills and concentration
- Promotes literacy, language and listening
- Builds self esteem and confidence
- Access to support and links with the community
- Families empowered and engaged in their children’s learning
- HIPPY fits around your daily routine
Download HIPPY brochures
The following videos explain HIPPY and provide insight into how it works, the program model and the benefits – as explained by children and families who have experienced HIPPY and worked in the program.
These videos can be used to promote, explain and start conversations with families and staff about HIPPY. More information can be found at www.hippyaustralia.bsl.org.au.
Please contact your local HIPPY site as per links below to find out more information and how to apply to enrol.
BCYF HIPPY parent video
BCYF HIPPY mentor video
HIPPY Australia advertisement video
1. Role Play
2. Parents and carers as Tutors (mentors)
3. Home Visits and Group Meetings
4. Two year, structured program
5. Everywhere Learning
- Would you like to promote your child’s school readiness and maximise their chances of a successful early school experience?
- Would you like to feel empowered in your role as your child’s first teacher?
- Can you spare one or two hours per week in school terms for two years for home visits and fortnightly HIPPY gatherings?
- Will your child be age 4 by the end of April 2022, or be doing a second year of four-year-old kinder in 2022?
If you answered yes to the questions above and are interested in participating in HIPPY during 2022-2023, please complete the form at the bottom of this page as soon as possible or call the appropriate person for your location as shown below.