• subbanner

Independent Advocacy Bodies

The Disability Services Commissioner

The Disability Services Commissioner provides independent and confidential assistance to resolve a complaint with a disability service or service provider.

Phone: 1800 677 342 or TTY: 1300 726 563
Email: Complaints@odsc.vic.gov.au
Website: www.odsc.vic.gov.au/making-a-complaint/how-to-make-a-complaint/

The Ombudsman (Victoria)

The Ombudsman has the power to investigate complaints about State and local government authorities including complaints made about organisations such as BCYF who receive government funding for their services.

Phone: (03)9613 6222 or 1800 806 314
Website: www.ombudsman.vic.gov.au

Commonwealth Ombudsman

The Commonwealth Ombudsman receives Complaints about Commonwealth Government departments and agencies including NDIS.

Phone: 1300 362 072
Website: www.ombudsman.gov.au/making-a-complaint

Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner (Formerly Privacy Commissioner)

Members of the public can make a complaint to the privacy commissioner if they feel a community service organisation such as BCYF have breached their privacy.

Phone: 1300 666 444
Email: enquiries@privacy.vic.gov.au
Website: www.ovic.vic.gov.au/privacy/for-the-public/complaints/how-to-make-a-complaint/

Department of Health and Human Services

If you are dissatisfied with any service provided, contracted, funded or regulated by the Department of Health and Human Services we have a complaints process you can follow.

Phone: 1300 884 706
Email: complaints.reception@dhhs.vic.gov.au
Website: www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/making-complaint

Health Complaints Commissioner

Anyone with concerns about a health service that is being provided can make a complaint. This includes Drug and Alcohol and Mental Health Services.

Phone: 1300 582 113
Website: www.hcc.vic.gov.au/make-complaint

National Disability Insurance Scheme

If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the National Disability Services scheme.

Phone: 1800 800 110
Email: feedback@ndis.gov.au
Website: www.ndis.gov.au

Foster Care Association of Victoria

Advocacy, support and information services to accredited foster carers.

Phone: 03 9416 4292
Email: admin@fcav.org.au
Website: www.fcav.org.au

Homelessness Advocacy Service

The Homelessness Advocacy Service (HAS) is the key advice and information service for consumers seeking or receiving assistance from any Victorian community-managed homelessness assistance or social housing service.

Phone: 1800 066 256 or 8415 6213
Website: www.chp.org.au

Commission for Children and Young People

The Commission can investigate concerns that an organisation is not providing a safe environment for children or complying with the Child Safe Standards.

Phone: 1300 78 29 78
Email: childsafe@ccyp.vic.gov.au
Website: www.ccyp.vic.gov.au

Foundation House

Foundation House provides services to advance the health, wellbeing and human rights of people of refugee backgrounds in Victoria who have experienced torture or other traumatic events in their country of origin or while fleeing those countries.

Phone: (03) 9389 8900
Email: info@foundationhouse.org.au
Website: www.foundationhouse.org.au

Department of Education and Training

You can make a complaint directly to the Department regarding the operation of a children's service.
Phone: 1300 307 415
Email: licensed.children.services@edumail.vic.gov.au
Website: www.education.vic.gov.au/childhood

Rights Information and Advocacy Services (RIAC)

RIAC provides a free individual advocacy service for people with disabilities (including mental health) and their family members to enforce your rights including NDIS matters.
Phone: (03) 5222 5499
Website: https://riac.org.au

Tenants Union of Victoria

The TUV provides information, advice and advocacy services for Victorian tenants.
Phone: (03) 9416 2577
Website: tuv.org.au

Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT)

VCAT operates like a court but is not as formal, and deals with a wide range of issues, including disputes arising from the Residential Tenancies Act 1997.
Phone: (03) 9628 9800, 1800 133 055 (country callers)
Email: vcat-rt@vcat.vic.gov.au
Website: vcat.vic.gov.au