NDIS Early Intervention Services
What does the Early Childhood Intervention Services offer?
Barwon Child, Youth & Family’s Early Childhood Intervention Service supports families by coordinating a team of professionals who work alongside you to meet the needs of your child. Parents are valued members of the team and are involved with every aspect of decision making and all aspects of intervention. At Barwon Child, Youth & Family our ECIS staff have the skills and knowledge to support you and your child.
Family Service Coordination
Each family will be allocated a Key Worker who will work with parents / caregivers to:
- develop a family service support plan based on family needs identified in your NDIS plan and package
- coordinate service, provide support and advocacy
- provide information about services and resources available to you and your child
- link you into parent to parent support groups; specialised Early Intervention groups and local community groups.
ECIS Transdisciplinary Packages
Barwon Child, Youth & Family will support your child by:
- assessing your child’s skills, needs, abilities and strengths
- working as a team with you
- providing specialist intervention to assist you in home, care, community or educational settings providing therapy to assist with daily activities that support positive changes in your family’s daily life
- providing information relevant to your child and family.
In addition if required Childhood Disability Services participants will also have access to:
- multisensory facilities and equipment
- art therapist and facilities
- equine therapy and facilities.