Caseworker Youth & Family Support
Two Fixed Term Positions Available
1 x Full Time role until 2 February 2020
1 x Part Time role until 5 May 2020
About the Role
A Caseworker is responsible for providing high quality assertive outreach to young people and their families to address the risk factors leading to youth homelessness, youth offending and school disengagement, and develop protective factors that will enable these young people to develop aspirations, make pro social connections and engage in a pathway that will lead to productive, healthy and safe lives.
This position will primarily work with an integrated team of BCYF Youth Services Professionals based in Geelong with links to the Colac team.
The key objectives of this role are:
- Engage with vulnerable young and their families through assertive outreach
- Minimise and reduce levels of risk factors leading to homelessness, school disengagement and youth offending
- Provide a range of tailored interventions to the targeted cohort that support positive behaviour change
To view the Position Description, please click here.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Qualification or equivalent in Youth Work, Social Work or Community Welfare (Diploma+)
- Experience in providing case management support with vulnerable individuals and families utilising the Best Interests Case Management Framework.
- Understanding of the purpose and expectations of the Victorian Child Safe Standards and demonstrated commitment to contributing to a child safe organisation in both practice and culture.
- Victorian Driver's Licence
The Application Process
Applicants must address each of the Selection Criteria outlined in the respective Position Description and provide a current Résumé in order to be considered.
Applications should be submitted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be required to provide a current Working with Children Check and undergo a National Police Check prior to commencement.
For further information, please contact Rhyll Montgomery, Team Leader Youth & Family Support on (03) 5246 7500
BCYF is committed to providing a safe and friendly environment for children and young people.
BCYF is an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically diverse communities or applicants with a lived experience of disability to apply. Reasonable adjustments will be made for people with disabilities where operationally viable.
Applications close 5pm Thursday 22 August 2019
V.I.D. No. 1900531 & 1900532