General Practitioner/s - headspace
We are now recruiting General Practitioners (GPs) to work at headspace Geelong across our sites at Geelong, Corio and Drysdale
Barwon Child Youth & Family are the Lead Agency for headspace Geelong. At headspace Geelong GPs are at the centre of this innovative and effective youth mental health care model. The GP has a key role in assessing young people and in the preparation of GP mental health treatment plans enabling young people to access psychological services. Using a psychosocial assessment tool for new clients to the service allows a headspace GP to truly participate in and coordinate a young person’s care and support. GPs are encouraged to case conference and support referral and allocation for ongoing support.
Working as a GP at headspace Geelong has the following benefits:
- Flexible session times Monday to Friday
- Modern facilities with a co-located team of health professionals
- Retain 100% of Medicare billings
- Small monthly 10% service or facility fee
- A collaborative and supportive team providing primary health care, mental health counselling, Youth
- AOD and Vocational/Educational services
- Good attendance rates with SMS Messaging and appointment reminders
- An ability to specialise across the youth health domain from age 12-25
- Improve the lives of young people working with a supportive and innovative multidisciplinary team
- Access to a range of mental health and GP specific resources
To discuss your interest in working with headspace Geelong as a GP please contact our Director Community Health Services Kat Stroud on Mobile 0413 942 125 or send an email to Kat.Stroud@bcyf.org.au.
For more information on being a part of the national network of headspace Centres formed under the National Youth Mental Health Initiative please go online to www.headspace.org.au to find related information and also watch this video at: